Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Our World Underwater Show a Success

Well, the weekend was, what I would call, a success for me at Our World Underwater consumer scuba dive show, Donald Stephens Convention Center, Rosemont, Il.

I had a good booth spot, right on the corner near the concession area, so people sitting and eating/ drinking could view my work, and people walking to and from that area had to pass by me. I had a giveaway drawing of my TURTLE print, (people love freebies!), and a lovely lady in Muskego, WI. was the winner. She was thrilled.


I met many wonderful people........divers/non-divers. Had great feedback on my art; gathered information on what art divers want to see next in my work (whales, nudibranchs, etc), which I will take into consideration for my next paintings, got two possible commissions, and I made some sales.

It was a long weekend out on the "floor", but well worth it. I already have my booth reserved for Feb 20-22, 2009! Hope to see you there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what is a nudibranch?

Bonnielynn said...

A NUDIBRANCH is a gastropod (like a snail), which belongs to the sea slug family. They are soft bodied, slow moving bottom dwellers, lots of times seen on sea fans.
My favorite ones are called "flamingo tongues."
Hope this answers your question.

Anonymous said...

hey aunt b, been busy and all and havent had time to check out your website, but did so tonight and enjoyed it! Timmy (boyfriend) also really was surprised and impressed with your work, as he's never seen any of it before! Not to mention your subject matter is his favorite. Hope everything is going well, can't wait to see what you come up with next! I'm very excited to hang the dolphin one up in my room nex year!!!!!! I'm decorating my room around it:) love you and miss you tons!! love tanya