Monday, May 18, 2009

Different Strokes


There is a blog that I discovered by a fellow artist, Karin Jurick, whereas she takes a photograph of something/ someone every few weeks, then offers artists to paint or draw their interpretation of that photo. The artists have two weeks to paint them, then send them to Karin for her to put on her blog named, Different Strokes from Different Folks.


This is the first time that I have done the challenge. It was a photograph of NewYorkCity-Madison Street.

Since I usually paint underwater fishes and scene, this was totally different subject matter for me. I found it fun. I don't feel like I was out of my comfort zone, because I am pretty comfortable painting most anything.

I had so much fun doing this, that I know I will be back to do more !

4 comments:

Lori said...

Lovely job on this.

dominique eichi said...

NIce approach to the challenge , I like the contrast you gave it.

Elizabeth said...

Wow! Is there anything you can't do? Or paint? :)

Laura Rodgers said...

FABULOUS job Bonnie!