Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Dolphin Song


This is a poem, which later became a song, written by Olivia Newton-John.
See them playing in the moon light,
Watch them dancing a song.
Have they cared for each other?
There is no question , of course,
They deserve to be treasured as a source of love.

In their minds there are answers,
And in time we will know,
What the truth is about
Of what all we don't know.
They have no rule for hatred,
Thought they have suffered much pain.
"From the race we call human,
We are afraid a lot."

If I can only help to ride on with my dolphin song,
Then I have lived what I was set out to do.
If I can only make one man a will,
One passing care,
Then I fulfilled what I promised to.
Let us hope it is not too late,
And that we can mend all the pain
We have inflicted on a friend.

We were born with a freedom,
We were born with a truth,
Why then we abuse
If we could choose to love.

No comments: